Our 50+1 Reunion will occur on
Friday, June 25, 2021
The Arbutus Club
2001 Nanton Ave
We hope you and your families have been weathering the pandemic in good physical and mental health. If nothing better can be said about it, this year will certainly be one to remember. The road ahead looks as uncertain and mysterious as any time we’ve faced since high school. We can only plan as best we can and then adapt to whatever comes. Along those lines, we’ve been able to reconnect with the Arbutus Club and have booked the new date for our reunion, posted above.
We‘d like to hear from you. Specifically, we have the following request to make:
- For those already on the Who’s Coming list for 2020 (you can check the list by clicking the link at the top left of this page):
- Please confirm that you are good with the new date.
- If you’re sure you’re not going to be able to come, let us know. If you have already paid, we’ll get your money back to you.
- If you’re not sure yet, that’s ok - just tell us that. We can sort out the money when you decide.
- If you have already registered, it would be better to respond to us with a note using the Contact Us link at the top left of this page (rather than using the RSVP function on this site, which will post your name yet again on the Who’s Coming list).
- For those who did not register to come in 2020:
- How does 2021 sound? Give us a sign! You can use the RSVP link at the top left of this page. It will allow you to select either Yes, No, or Not Sure and add a message.
We will again be booking the lovely Terrace Room which we used last time and there will be a full buffet dinner.
- 6 pm to 7:30 pm: Drinks (cash bar) and mingle
- 7:30 pm: Buffet dinner
- 1:00 am: Close (for those who can still stay up that late 😊)
Ticket Prices: $95 per person
Spouses and partners are welcome
Donations to help with extra flourishes for the evening are also welcome
Payment is by cheque or Interac.
Please make out to Barb Anderson and Ken Dick (it's a joint account)
5245 Central Ave, Delta, BC V4K 2H1
You can pay by Interac directly from your online bank account. Many banks do not charge for this service. In the Interac section set up the payee as
Ken Dick with the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auto-deposit is enabled, so no password is necessary. The money will be deposited directly into his account and your email address will identify your payment.
Our continuing task is to reach as many grads as possible. There are some we have still not located. Please help us by doing the following:
Other things you can do:
- Check the Missing Persons list by clicking the link at the top left of this page.
- Spread the news to grads with whom you remain in contact. You can do this easily by clicking the "Tell a Friend" link at the bottom of this page. Ask your fellow grads to check out this site and create or update their profile.
- If you do have contact information for anyone, please let our committee know so we can reach out to them too. In case they don't get around to registering on the site, we can at least include them in the database and they will receive communications about the event. The hardest part of organizing an event like this is finding the people. You can help us by spreading the word and passing along email addresses and phone numbers to the committee. Thank you!
- Create a profile for yourself on this site (or update your profile from last time). To do this, click on the "Classmates" link at the top left of this page. Instructions for creating or editing your profile are at the top of the Classmates page. Find your profile by putting your name in the search box, then follow the instructions. All you need to do is fill in a form. You have the option to upload a current picture, which would be great to see. The contact information you provide will not be displayed on the site, but will only be available to the organizing committee. Particularly important is your email address. That makes it easy for us to contact you (and everyone else) through a single broadcast email.
- RSVP: If you've not registered yet, fill in a brief RSVP form letting us know whether you're planning to attend. It only takes a second. You can select Yes, No, or Not Sure. When you respond with a Yes your name is automatically added to the Who's Coming list. Old chums will be curious to know whether you'll be there. This is how to let them know.
You can contact us with questions or send us information by clicking on the Contact Us button at the top left of this page.
High school may have been a great or less-than-great experience, but it was a part of life's journey we all shared. After over half a century, let's get together again, have a laugh or two at the past, celebrate the present and raise a glass to the future.