Our 52-Year Reunion will occur on
Friday, June 24, 2022
The Arbutus Club
2001 Nanton Ave
Due to the pandemic, we have postponed the reunion a second time. Our new date is:
Friday, June 24, 2022
Everything else about the reunion remains the same, and the details can be found below.
Five Reasons Why You Won’t Want to Miss This Event
Several factors make the new date auspicious, and we hope will motivate you even more to attend:
- Assuming the world has righted itself by June 2022, we will be celebrating not only our high school reunion but also the end of an extraordinary historical episode that has altered the world. Having a large social gathering, something we used to take for granted, will have special meaning and mark a transition to better times.
- In 2022 most of us will be hitting 70 years of age. Reaching this milestone is worth celebrating in its own right. We will be launching into our 8th decade, another significant transition.
- Of course, there is the reason we are doing this in the first place: it will be 52 years since we graduated from Point Grey! For those who like to play with numbers, 52 also happens to be the year when most of us were born!
- There is a possibility this will be our last reunion. We’re entering a time in our lives when the capacity or desire for travel may diminish (or the capacity or desire of the grad committee to organize events may diminish ☺). Our 52nd reunion may be a final opportunity to see many of those with whom we spent our formative years. There is a last time for everything, and keeping that reality in mind can heighten our appreciation for seeing each other.
- For all the above reasons, the grad committee is more determined than ever to make this an extraordinary occasion for all of us. If you’re going to attend one reunion or one more reunion, make it this one.
We will again be booking the lovely Terrace Room which we used last time, and there will be a full buffet dinner.
- 6 pm to 7:30 pm: Drinks (cash bar) and mingle
- 7:30 pm: Buffet dinner
- 1:00 am: Close (for those who can still stay up that late 😊)
Ticket Prices: $95 per person
Spouses and partners are welcome
Donations to help with extra flourishes for the evening are also welcome.
Payment is by cheque or Interac.
Please make out to Barb Anderson and Ken Dick (it's a joint account)
5245 Central Ave, Delta, BC V4K 2H1
You can pay by Interac directly from your online bank account. Many banks do not charge for this service. In the Interac section, set up the payee as
Ken Dick with the email address: email@example.com.
Auto-deposit is enabled, so no password is necessary. The money will be deposited directly into his account, and your email address will identify your payment.
Our continuing task is to reach as many grads as possible. There are some we have still not located. Please help us by doing the following:
Other things you can do:
- Check the Missing Persons list by clicking the link at the top left of this page.
- Spread the news to grads with whom you remain in contact. You can do this easily by clicking the "Tell a Friend" link at the bottom of this page. Ask your fellow grads to check out this site and create or update their profile.
- If you do have contact information for anyone, please let our committee know so we can reach out to them too. If they don't get around to registering on the site, we can at least include them in the database, and they will receive communications about the event. The hardest part of organizing an event like this is finding the people. You can help us by spreading the word and passing along email addresses and phone numbers to the committee. Thank you!
- Create a profile for yourself on this site (or update your profile from last time). To do this, click on the "Classmates" link at the top left of this page. Instructions for creating or editing your profile are at the top of the Classmates page. Find your profile by putting your name in the search box, then follow the instructions. All you need to do is fill in a form. You have the option to upload a current picture, which would be great to see. The contact information you provide will not be displayed on the site but will only be available to the organizing committee. Particularly important is your email address. That makes it easy for us to contact you (and everyone else) through a single broadcast email.
- RSVP: If you've not registered yet, fill in a brief RSVP form letting us know whether you're planning to attend. It only takes a second. You can select Yes, No, or Not Sure. When you respond with a Yes, your name is automatically added to the Who's Coming list. Old chums will be curious to know whether you'll be there. This is how to let them know.
You can contact us with questions or send us information by clicking on the Contact Us button at the top left of this page.
High school may have been a great or less-than-great experience, but it was a part of life's journey we all shared. After over half a century, let's get together again, have a laugh or two at the past, celebrate the present and raise a glass to the future.